Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using Ethernet ports on the Satellite

dangitzin
Aspirant

Using Ethernet ports on the Satellite

New to the Orbi system. So the satellite has Ethernet ports... My question is, will I be able to connect a pc, console, or anything for that matter in the ports and have it be supplied with internet? Almost like a powerline adapter but instead the wifi internet shared to the ports?
Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
AC641
Luminary

Re: Using Ethernet ports on the Satellite

Yes, you can use it as you describe.  I have my Hue hub plugged into one of my satellite ports and have, in the past, had my laptop connected for testing puposes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
AC641
Luminary

Yes, you can use it as you describe.  I have my Hue hub plugged into one of my satellite ports and have, in the past, had my laptop connected for testing puposes.

Message 2 of 4
Roamabout
Luminary

It's witchcraft. They are creating wired ethernet out of thin air.

I have an old non-networked HP printer conected to an HP JetDirect print server and I have that plugged into a satellite ethernet port in a room at the upper back corner of the house.

Message 3 of 4
dangitzin
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses! I'll be cleaning up my set up this weekend(satellite is just sitting in the hallway upstairs).
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7