Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites. two satellites show no connected devices

pete555947
Aspirant

Using RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites. two satellites show no connected devices

Using RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites. two satellites show no connected devices.

The Satellite that shows multiple devices connected has firmware updated to V2.3.5.6

The other 2 satelittes have firmware V2.3.0.4 and won't update to V2.3.5.6 because the website says that i already have the latest version.  I have 37 devices using the Orbi and 30 are on the router and 7 are on one satellite.  The other 2 satellites have good connections to the router and are closer to some of the devices than the router or the satellite that has some devices.  My questions are: should all RBW30 satellites be able to update tp the latest firmware update regardless of date of manufacture?  Are the satellites that show "no connected device found" doing anything?  Why won't the 2 satellites that don't have nay connected devices accept any devices?  It seems like more than a concindence that the one satellite that does have devices is the one that has a later firmware version.  The firmware version for the router is V2.3.5.30 and the Netgear website also says that that is the latest version.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites. two satellites show no connected devices

Download the RBWs FW file an manually load it to the RBW on there web pages with a web browser. It should load...

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using RBR40 router and 3 RBW30 satellites. two satellites show no connected devices

Can you manually download and manually install the latest FW on the RBWs using the FW files from NGs download site? 

Message 2 of 6
pete555947
Aspirant

That's where it told me that it won't update the FW because i already have the latest version.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Download the RBWs FW file an manually load it to the RBW on there web pages with a web browser. It should load...

Message 4 of 6
pete555947
Aspirant

I finally was able to manually update the firmware in the last 2 satellites and now they all have devices connected.  

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy, Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7