Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using Router Configured as Access Point Cannot see Satellites in web browser application

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using Router Configured as Access Point Cannot see Satellites in web browser application

I'd like you to test a different NON managed switch and see if the satellite appears in the correct section or not...Need to rule out the use of a different switch...if possible.

Message 26 of 30
pshoule
Tutor

Got a hold of DarrenM yesterday. Sent him my coordinates and described the problem. I am hoping to get a call back from someone at NG soon. I may be able to test with a non-managed switch over the weekend. We're still living in boxes and we have loads of stuff to do to get the house operational, but I'll try and get something done in order to keep moving forward on this problem.

Ciao

Simon

Message 27 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Understand. Hope you get things moved in. LOL.

Ya, need to try a non managed switch. I'm hoping you'll see a difference. Keep us posted.

Have a great weekend.

Message 28 of 30
pshoule
Tutor

Well, L2 support called Saturday. Nice enough person on the phone. I got to describe the problem and he said that there is a known issue with wired backhaul on Orbi system. He proposed I try a reset procedure but since I'd already done that we skipped it. He said he was going to speak with the Taiwan-based engineers and get back to me. I offered them a TeamViewer session so they can have a look at things on my end. We'll see. They should call me back soon. In the meantime, Orbi is running a wireless backhaul with no issues, just a frustrated owner 🙂 All I got to do now is open a telnet session with the router and separate my 2.4GHz SSID from the 5GHz one and I'll be one step closer to happy.  

I'll keep you posted!

Ciao

Simon

Message 29 of 30
FURRYe38
Guru

Any chance of trying a non managed switch?

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7