Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Using a RBW30 with RBR50 and RBS50

Rayandbrenda
Aspirant

Using a RBW30 with RBR50 and RBS50

I'm considering using a RBW30 as a second satellite for my RBK50 system. I know the backhaul is slower but does anyone know if the backhaul to the RBS50 will be degraded or will it still operate at the higher throughput.

Thanks

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You might have to try that out and see. Most users on here usually keep with the same RBS units for additional coverage. I presume the backhaul should not degrade entirely if you add the RBW. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 5
Rayandbrenda
Aspirant

It’s 3000 sq ft single story. Backhaul with the RBS50 works great. Considering using the RBW30 to plug in in the garage for coverage in that area. Should still be 39 feet or so. Just don’t want to degrade the backhaul inside the house.
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

SHould be ok. I would give one a try and see how it goes...

Message 4 of 5
Jukens
Tutor

Did you do this? I was looking to do the exact same thing for my garage front yard area. Curious if it reduces the entire backhaul speed.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7