Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using mac adress filtering in WIFI AP mode

jnet99
Follower

Using mac adress filtering in WIFI AP mode

Why doesn't the Orbi support using MAC address filtering while in AP mode? I've read 2 or 3 threads in the forum on this and the standard b.s. answer "When in AP mode all that would be handled by your main router" is ridiculous and actually stupid.

I'm using a firewall appliance in front of the Orbi, the appliance handles the DHCP but it has no wireless capabilities. The Orbi is in control of what connects to the wireless network  because it is the only wireless network available. An access point MUST have the ability to filter - block or allow - using the MAC address.

Netgear support, please add this feature.

Message 1 of 4
enriqueiglesias
Initiate

Re: Using mac adress filtering in WIFI AP mode

The MAC filter mode on each SSID can be set to either block certain wirelessdevices or allow only certain wireless devices to connect to the SSID. It is not possible to simultaneously have a MAC address filter “block” list and an “allow” liston an SSID. On the GUI, go to Network and select Wireless. for more issues in your printer you can visit hp printer offline windows 10   and get the experts help.

Message 2 of 4
martinaje
Aspirant

For security, I wanted to use mac address filtering as I did in my iPhone. I can't use any filtering with the app after getting iTunes error 14. Really I don't know what's happening with my system. Can you suggest me any method to ignore them? Or it is possible to simultaneously have a MAC address filter?

Message 3 of 4
bestmoving
Aspirant

GET YOUR INSTANT MOVING PRICE IN AS LITTLE AS 3 STEPS.

https://www.movingapt.com/

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7