Reply

Using rbs50 from another package

jayrg
Follower

Using rbs50 from another package

A friend has offered to give me his rbk50 with 2 satellites. I already have an rbk50 with 1 satellite.

Is there any reason I can't use the satellites from the other package with my existing setup?

Thanks,

Jay
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Using rbs50 from another package

No reason at all, they are the same 50 series satellites used in the RBK50 series kits. You can hook up additional satllites. You can't use the RBR50 router as a satellite, works only in router or AP mode. No satellite support there. 

 

Enjoy. 


@jayrg wrote:
A friend has offered to give me his rbk50 with 2 satellites. I already have an rbk50 with 1 satellite.

Is there any reason I can't use the satellites from the other package with my existing setup?

Thanks,

Jay

 

My Setup (Cable 1Gbps/50Mbps)>CAX80 v2.1.2.1(LAG Disabled)>RBK853 v4.6.3.16(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.5.14
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK50(v22), SXR30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v82), EX7500/EX7700, XR450(v120) and WNHDE111
Message 2 of 6
walder
Guide

Re: Using rbs50 from another package

I am in the same situation, so would like to know how this went for you ... were you able to get the satellite from another bundled pair working perfectly for you?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 3 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Using rbs50 from another package


@walder wrote:

I am in the same situation, so would like to know how this went for you ... were you able to get the satellite from another bundled pair working perfectly for you?


@walder I tried this before without issues. there should absolutely no reason why this would not work.

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + RBS750, AP Mode, Wired/Wireless Backhaul / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50, Router Mode, Wired/Wireless Backhaul | Switches Netgear GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 4 of 6
walder
Guide

Re: Using rbs50 from another package


@ekhalil wrote:


@walder I tried this before without issues. there should absolutely no reason why this would not work.


Thank you @ekhalil. I saw that the satellite was pre-configured to the router in the a bundle that i purchased, hence the concern on getting a satellite that has been previously configured to a different router. Does the action of syncing with a different router unit overwrite the pre-configuration on the satellite?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: Using rbs50 from another package


@walder wrote:


..... Does the action of syncing with a different router unit overwrite the pre-configuration on the satellite?


Yes @walder , when you run the Sync procedure (pressing the Sync button on Router and a new Satellite) the new Satellite will be paired to the Router and it will forget it's previous configuration.

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBR850 + RBS850 + RBS750, AP Mode, Wired/Wireless Backhaul / Orbi RBR50 + 6x RBS50, Router Mode, Wired/Wireless Backhaul | Switches Netgear GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 604 views
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E