Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Uverse

Cbrents
Aspirant

Uverse

Trying out the Orbi RBR50 to solve spotty WiFi reception across my house. I have 2 iPhones and an iPad successfully connected but my laptop and pc connect to the network but then receive a router behind router error message from AT&T. Can anyone help solve this so all my devices will work? I’m about to throw in the towel. I’ve spent total of 4 hours on phone w Netgear and AT&T and neither have been much help.
Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What model is your modem? have you bridged the modem to make it a modem only if its a combo modem/router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
Cbrents
Aspirant

The uverse modem router combo is the 5268ac model. I’ve disabled WiFi on it. Can’t figure out why 2 phones and an iPad work but the laptop doesn’t. The laptop WiFi says it connects successfully but when using the internet I just get the AT&T message a router behind router has been detected
Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Switch Orbi to operate in Access Point mode.  Then you will have only one router in your network.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7