Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

V2.1.2.18 - Dropped Packets while in AP mode

mikerpalmer
Tutor

V2.1.2.18 - Dropped Packets while in AP mode

I have been a lucky user and thing have been pretty stable for me. We are an apple only house.

I was noticing strange networking connection issues so I logged in and found my units have updated to the latest 2.18. Running pings to my ubnt router, about every 20-40 seconds, I drop about 2-5 pings. I shut down all my satellites and then rebooted the orbi router. Same problem. I restored the router to factory settings and everything stablized. It was in router mode so I switched it back to AP mode. Once I switched back AP mode, same issue of dropped network. Switching back to router mode brings back stability. I left my satellites offline when testing.

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 2
t_k
Luminary
Luminary

Re: V2.1.2.18 - Dropped Packets while in AP mode

mikerpalmer - I'm sure you're running into another layer 2 issue with the Orbi's. I can't offer you any help as far as fixing the problem, as best anyone can tell, you can't fix these issues. You can only know they exist and try to ignore them.

However, I would to recommend that you stop chasing the issue. There are so many layer 2 issues with the Orbi's that it's a waste of your time to chase them down. If you want stability, you have to use a different product.

I wish it was different.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7