Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: V2.1.2.18 new firmware is out

mastervisa30
Luminary

V2.1.2.18 new firmware is out

I get this now,new firmware upgrade is available V2.1.2.18 when i checked for uodates.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 9
AF1E
Guide

After 6 days of uptime using 2.1.2.10 beta, I upgraded to 2.1.2.18 this morning.  The random rebooting has returned.  Will continue to watch today before I go back the beta which was stable for me.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 9
budy
Luminary

I just installed 2.1.2.18 on my RBK40 satellite and router and now the former working ethernet backhaul, doesn't seem to work anymore. No matter what, I am doing, the attached deviced page shows the satllite as connected via 5G. If I reboot the satellite, it changes to wired backhaul, but then the other devices show up as being all connected wired to the router.

After some time, the satellite will turn its LED to static violet and needs to be either synched or rebootet.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 9
ALNJ2017
Star

Re: V2.1.2.18 new firmware is out- power led blinks green

Orbi rouyer is crashed after .18 update. 

power led blinks green

Ring Led is soliid white.

No WiFi SSID is broadcast. 

Message 4 of 9
JMU1998
Luminary

Took v2.1.2.18 a few hrs ago did factory reset, nvram clear now sattalite does not show as connected sattalite but as attached as a device to the main Orbi unit so basically this Firmware made it worse for me! Yes I rebooted both several times as well anyone else seeing this?

Message 5 of 9
OrbiUser456
Tutor

This system is a total piece of cr$p.  Nothing but problems, reboots.  Can you guys write any firmware?  There have been multiple releases, all with problems.  I wish I could get my money back and buy something else! 

Message 6 of 9
budy
Luminary

@budy wrote:

I just installed 2.1.2.18 on my RBK40 satellite and router and now the former working ethernet backhaul, doesn't seem to work anymore. No matter what, I am doing, the attached deviced page shows the satllite as connected via 5G. If I reboot the satellite, it changes to wired backhaul, but then the other devices show up as being all connected wired to the router.

After some time, the satellite will turn its LED to static violet and needs to be either synched or rebootet.

This is just fine, if the sat is connected via ethernet "backhaul". This has been an ongoing issue since 2.x. It seems that the script which parses the internal network bridges isn't yet able to pull this all correctly together. However, it's just a cosmetic issue and does not impede the actual function of the router <-> sat connection.

Message 7 of 9

Budy, are you saying that devices that are connected to the satellite with a wired connection are reporting they are connected 5G to the router or that the devices that are wired to the satellite are saying they are a wired connection to the router? I would expect that with a hard wired backhaul any wired device attached to the network would say it's connected to the router since the satellite is just a switch in that topology.  Are you still having problems with the satellites not connecting to the wired backhaul? 

Message 8 of 9
budy
Luminary

The wireless devices on the satellite, which is connected via ethernet, show up as wired devices on the router. And this makes sense, as the router only sees them through it's LAN interface. However, I'd expect that the devs could write a script or app, which pulls in the information from all satellite's bridges and correlates those to check if some MAC address doesn't actually connects wirelessly to any of the satellites.

My only satellite is just doing fine over the ethernet backhaul.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7