Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: V2.5.1.16 connectivity issues

FURRYe38
Guru

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What happens if you connect the RBS wirelessly to the RBR? 

Also do you experience drop outs with the RBS turned OFF and just the RBR left up and running?

@daddydoitall wrote:

I have not factory reset and setup yet.

The RBR and RBSes are 30 to 40 feet apart but all connected via ethernet.

The modem is a Motorola SB6141.

The Orbi is running as a Router.

The ethernet switch is a Monoprice 8-Port 10/100/1000 Mbps Unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet Switch #15763

Message 26 of 32
daddydoitall
Aspirant

Rolling back the firmware from 2.5.1.16 to 2.5.1.8 on the router and two satellites has stopped the wireless internet drops. I wonder what it was with the new frimware caused the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Message 27 of 32
Mstrbig
Master

@daddydoitall wrote:

Rolling back the firmware from 2.5.1.16 to 2.5.1.8 on the router and two satellites has stopped the wireless internet drops. I wonder what it was with the new frimware caused the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

Good question as my RBK53 system is rock solid on 2.5.1.16, auto updated on install from 2.5.1.8 when purchased.

Message 28 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

I would have factory reset and setup from scratch. v16 has been solid and stable for me. 

@daddydoitall wrote:

Message 29 of 32
daddydoitall
Aspirant

When I have time I will do that. Is a there anything special to do to make sure my 40 devices reconnect properly after resetting from scratch?
Message 30 of 32
FURRYe38
Guru

30 feet or more  is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router 

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or may not be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 31 of 32
Mstrbig
Master

@daddydoitall wrote:
When I have time I will do that. Is a there anything special to do to make sure my 40 devices reconnect properly after resetting from scratch?

I would Backup your settings. I would name your SSID the same as before.

After you are up and running, devices connected and fully tested, you could restore your settings to save time renaming, etc.. But if something in your settings was causing the issue it could bring it right back. 

Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7