Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: V2.5.1.32??

SLK-Purdue
Luminary

V2.5.1.32??

I see new firmware is out. I really wish there were more complete release notes. Seems hard to believe an NTP fix is the only significant difference.   Netgear - better release notes PLEASE!

I will check on any change required to my Attached Devices sort change and report here shortly. 

Scott

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 11
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I sure hope there is more changes than that small description. That hardly justifies a new version. I don't recall anybody concerned about NTP. Maybe a likely work on reported issues and bugs?

Message 3 of 11
Shotround
Apprentice

maybe all the netgear/orbi folks working from home on this firmware couldnt get on the net to upload their work.

Message 4 of 11
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

I have verified that my previously posted change for sorting Attached Devices works fine with new firmware 2.5.1.32

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Attached-Devices-Sorted-by-IP-Number/m-p/1877986#M85389 

Available at

www dropbox com/s/svqx6020yq0avgh/DEV_show_device.htm?dl=0

Message 5 of 11
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

And now v1.5.1.32 has been pulled from the website with no information!!  This process needs some serious change control and logging.  NETGEAR-  people depend on this stuff now more than ever. 

Scott

Message 6 of 11
CrimpOn
Guru

Agree 100%. I use a lot of third party applications, and the bulk of them issue detailed "Change Logs" every time a new release comes out.  The transparence builds confidence.  Netgear's lack of information is not conducive to brand loyalty.

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I was told that NG engineering found problems with v32 and decided to pull it. I had it loaded and found that my RBS50 was reporting as wireless status on the RBRs web page when the RBS was wired. Possible one of other issues. I"ve reverted back to v16 and have had zero problems. 

Message 8 of 11
SLK-Purdue
Luminary

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I was told that NG engineering found problems with v32 and decided to pull it. I had it loaded and found that my RBS50 was reporting as wireless status on the RBRs web page when the RBS was wired. Possible one of other issues. I"ve reverted back to v16 and have had zero problems. 

Gee, if only there were a place like a forum of knowledgeable and interested people where an NG engineer could explain details and maybe even gather info, feedback, etc.

Wait!!  There is. It is here!!  Bring on the NG engineers. 

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

You never see any kind of router engineers engage with there product forums. At least not here. Same with D-Link and a few others i've watched.

Best way to say something is to let a forum moderator now or may posts here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Good Luck. 

Message 10 of 11
TomC1974
Aspirant

Stay with v2.5.1.16. I ended up reverting back to this version from v2.5.1.32. Every three to five days, I would loose Internet connection and I would have to turn everything completely off and back on in order to get Internet connection again. Stay away from v2.5.1.32 until they workout all of the kinks, but I did not like the idea that I have to turn everything off to regain Internet access. I even tried resetting back to factory defaults with same results. Once I reverted back to v2.5.1.16, I have not had any issues and the router and satellite seem to connect faster than on any other firmware version.

Good luck!!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7