Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN on GS108E makes Guestnetwork on Orbi drop connection to Satellites

G4Net
Aspirant

VLAN on GS108E makes Guestnetwork on Orbi drop connection to Satellites

HI,

I have a strange problem. I recently installed the Orbi RBR750 with two Satellites RBS750. Those are wired connected through two GS108Ev3 switches. All on the latest firmware.

Everything works fine until I enable VLAN on the switches. I've been testing several different config's with the switches VLAN's. The strange thing is that whenever VLAN is enabled on either of the two switches and with any of the options Basic/Advanced/portbased/802Q based, in default setting (no VLAN configured yet, only the default VLAN1 of course), the Wifi Guestnetwork of the Orbi-system drops connection to the Satellites. I really don't understand that because all other traffic, including the normal/standard Wifi connection keeps working normally.

Anyone any idea? I'd like to be able to maintain a VLAN on the switches. (Which works fine by the way when the VLAN on the switches is configured, except for the issue described here).

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSafe 8 ports Gigabit Plus switch
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: VLAN on GS108E makes Guestnetwork on Orbi drop connection to Satellites

This is more a subject for the Orbi community.

Pretty much convinced these switches work virtually troublefree, in any of the config modes.

We need support from the Orbi enginering here - otherwise digging in the dark. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7