Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Service Help

Mgomez85
Apprentice

Ok I included a pic of my connected device so you can see there is really nothing major on there that were in relations to the port scan saying those ports were open

Message 26 of 32
MasterChief86
Aspirant

you can go to router's settings by:

1. opening the browser on your device

2. entering the router's IP, refer to your device or vendor for this

3. enter credentials and browse through the settings (usually somewhere in UDP/ADP port)

Message 27 of 32
Mgomez85
Apprentice

ok so my TUN port keeps staying blocked but my TAP port is opened, how do i fixed this? no matter what i change my port number too same result, TAP stays open and TUN stays closed, find that a bit odd to be honest

Message 28 of 32
Mgomez85
Apprentice

ok after messing around with settings over and over again! i finally figured out the issue! FOR SOME STRANGE REASON (netgear hardware 101 *sigh*) when i put any device in DMZ!! it locks up my TUN ports!! and will not open it for VPN!!! TAP remain opened!! after disabling DMZ it OPENED up all ports as it should! i know i wasnt crazy and never ran into this problem on my asus router! find that a bit odd that DMZ affects ports of other service -.- but anyways hope this help anyone if they were to run into my problem in the future!! now i gotta figure out how to open the ports to my camera DVR >.> thanks netgear! ugh!

Message 29 of 32
Mgomez85
Apprentice

port seems to only stay open for a few moments ONLY after i click apply under VPN service and then closes back after a few moments after Smiley LOL

Message 30 of 32
MasterChief86
Aspirant

Did you find a solution? Temporary opening is weird and unlike anything I've ever seen.

Message 31 of 32
Mgomez85
Apprentice

Yes, I had to completely disable DMZ, enabling it seems to break VPN Services for TUN ports I dunno if it have been fixed since last firmware release cause now I got everything working smoothly I just don't wanna mess with things and break something so I left everything as it is lol
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7