Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN and Orbi

Mercuryaces
Aspirant

VPN and Orbi

Hey guys I'm having some trouble figuring out if vpns work with the orbi mesh system. I've got an orbi, and would like to subscribe to tunnel bear as my VPN service. Are these two compatible? Do I need to do anything to my orbi or simply install tunnel bear in my Android and use it.
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I would ask the Mfr of that VPN to see if Orbi is compatible. 

NG already uses OpenVPN I believe on there systems. 

Message 2 of 6
Mercuryaces
Aspirant

If you could elaborate more. I'm just a bit confused. I don't want to install tunnel bear on the router itself, just on my PC. Would doing this hide my activity or do I require router support? In new to vpns but was under the impression it wasn't router dependent.
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

if you're installing it to your computer and just want it on there, it doesn't really matter what router you're running. it'll vpn fine.

If you're wanting it for all devices, then you need a compatible vpn provider. 

Message 4 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@Mercuryaces wrote:
........would like to subscribe to tunnel bear as my VPN service. Are these two compatible? .......

I'm using tunnel bear in my iPhone with no issues. I  have Orbi at home. Orbi is transparent to such services. You don't need to do anything in Orbi for tunnel bear to work.

Message 5 of 6
jamesccv
Aspirant

If you're talking about inbound remote VPN to access devices inside your network remotely then yes. Just go to Advanced > Advanced Setup > VPN Service and setup OpenVPN then download the profile to your devices. If you mean outbound VPN so only your router creates a site-to-site VPN then no, at least I haven't been able to find a way. I use express vpn which is working very fine any where in the world specially in china, even known as one of the best china vpn.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7