Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Verizon FIOS Working settings

Yld2rob
Luminary

Verizon FIOS Working settings

Is anyone using Orbi with FIOS and direct connection? In other words, you are not using the Orbi in AP mode with a Verizon Wireless router/gateway. If so, and do not have any disconnect issues, could you post your settings? Particularlly Internet/LAN/WAN settings. 

Message 1 of 6
st_shaw
Master

Re: Verizon FIOS Working settings

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I can give you a link explaining how to setup your FiOS router into bridge mode.  There are no FiOS settings involved once your do this, as the router simply bridges the Internet to the router.  I just set this up with another router, but it's not an Orbi.  Works fine.

Message 2 of 6
itGeeks
Apprentice

What services do you have with FiOs? If you have TV and or phone service with FiOs then you need to keep there router in place. That said I can tell you how to setup Orbi in router mode to work with FiOs once you tell me the services you have with them. If you only have FiOs internet then you can remove there router and use Orbi without a problem.

Message 3 of 6
whsbuss-1
Apprentice

I have FIOS TV and internet service. Yes you must keep the Verizon router as the primary for DVR and guide services. I have the wifi turned off on the FiOS router and have connected Orbi in AP Mode with a 1GB ethernet cable between LAN ports Orbi to FiOS. Works without an issue.

Message 4 of 6
Yld2rob
Luminary

I am not using a Verizon Router or Gateway, I have a direct connection from the ONT via CAT 5 to the Orbi router. I do not have fios for TV or any other services

Message 5 of 6
whsbuss-1
Apprentice

@Yld2rob wrote:

I am not using a Verizon Router or Gateway, I have a direct connection from the ONT via CAT 5 to the Orbi router. I do not have fios for TV or any other services

Fine, then you can setup Orbi in the normal router mode.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7