Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Video buffering and slow internet with firmware 2.7.4.24

AwesomeQA
Apprentice

Video buffering and slow internet with firmware 2.7.4.24

Hello,

I did hard reset for sats after the update, then hard reset for the RBR50 V2.

This is the worst firmware update, I got video buffering, and slow images load.

I reverted back to V2.7.3.22 and all is ok now.

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Video buffering and slow internet with firmware 2.7.4.24

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what devices are having issues? 
3. is it specific streaming services? 

4. the devices having issues, are they connected to the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz? 

5. how far from the router or satellites are the devices with issues? 

Message 2 of 8
flbchbm
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  It is EVERYTHING connected to the network, wired or not.  2.4 and 5g

Both wired TIVO boxes have slowed down streaming.  Their commercials that start before a recorded program will not even load now.  

All Ring camera video is pixelated and it takes almost the whole video recording to show clearly.  It constantly says Poor Internet Connection.  Duh.

Phone and tablet are slow trying to do anything via wifi.  I have 3 satellites that have not moved.  I haven't moved, my house hasn't moved.  Only the firmware moved.  Location has nothing to do with it.  Please don't point at that.  Nothing changed except the firmware update and IT WAS IMMEDIATE.

This is horrible and total BS....they probably want us to upgrade, ala iPhone style....slow it down and people will buy new stuff.  Sorry to be cynical, but HOW COULD THEY RELEASE THIS UPDATE?!!  I don't have time to fix THEIR mess.

I want to know how to roll back to previous version?  I have no choice but to do so.

Message 3 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello flbchbm,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!!

I understand that you are having stability issues with firmware v2.7.4.24 for your Orbi system.

Please check your PM.

I look forward to hearing from you!!!!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

@flbchbm did you start your own thread and include all your info from your setup? 

Message 5 of 8
jtktwhalen
Aspirant

I am having similar issues with internet connection dropping and video buffering dozens of times a day with firmware 2.7.4.24.

Using Spectrum modem EU2251 with Orbi RBR50 and 1 satellite.  Issue occurs with all devices and multiple streaming services.  I connected my laptop via LAN cable directly to the Spectrum modem and did not experience these issues.  Not sure if there are any adjustments I can make, or if I need to try and install a previous firmware.

Message 6 of 8
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello jtkwhalen,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having compatibility issues with video buffering on your RBR50 firmware v2.7.4.24. 

Please navigate to the link below to find the reported best settings for your Orbi Mesh System:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
jtktwhalen
Aspirant

Most settings matched.  Updated the few settings to match, but still having issues with multiple disconnects.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7