Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ViginMedia Hub3 and Orbi r350 reboot

UkTerry
Aspirant

ViginMedia Hub3 and Orbi r350 reboot

Hi 

I have a Virgin media HUB3 set-up in Modem only mode and an orbi rbr350 as the router connected to the hub3.

I have recently had random reboots of the HUB3, I have checked the logs on the HUB3 and the last log was for that day was the signing in, all the stats of the mode look normal compared to internet suggestions.

So I am wondering could it be the Orbi router causing the reboot in some way not sure how maybe a protection thing.

The logs on the Orbi side show lots of DOS and there is one which sort of happened at the same time as the latest reboot

[DoS Attack: RST Scan] from source: 104.21.42.203, port 80

Is it possible for the orbi to cause reboot of the Hub3.

Many Thanks

Terry

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: ViginMedia Hub3 and Orbi r350 reboot

The orbi shouldn't be causing it. but easy test. Disconnect the orbi from it and use the hub for a while. 

Message 2 of 5
UkTerry
Aspirant

Hi

I did that for a while, there was no reboots.

Previously I was using the Orbi as the router, and getting lots of DOS messages, and for some reason many DHCP requests even for IP's that were in the static list, no idea.

I have it set up now as in AP mode with the Virgin media HUB3 as the router / DHCP server.

Everything was running fine for 20 plus hours, until I used MS edge to brouse, the reboots that I have seen do seem to come when brousing via MS edge, this is strange.

I am now monitoring the up time of the Hub to see if any further reboots have happened when I have not been browsing.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Terry

Message 3 of 5
S-patel
Aspirant

Did you get this sorted? I am having the same problem with RBR20
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please make a new post and post your details there and we'll help you out. 

Thank you. 

@S-patel wrote:
Did you get this sorted? I am having the same problem with RBR20

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7