Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Virgin SH3 (Modem Mode) On Demand and Orbi RBK43

jimbojames79
Apprentice

Virgin SH3 (Modem Mode) On Demand and Orbi RBK43

Hi, 

So my on demand on my Virgin TiVo boxes suddenly stopped working the other day. Virign have come to the conclusion that its the Orbi blocking the ports but can't/wont tell me which ports to open and suggest that I start just using the SH3 again.

I'm having trouble believing this especially as the on demand services on my TV are working just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Orbi FW: 2.1.4.16

SH3 SW: 9.1.116.608

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you put the modem back into Router mode and set the Orbi into AP mode?

Message 2 of 7
jimbojames79
Apprentice

I was hoping not to have to try this tbh as I'll incur the wrath of the family. Was hoping for magic fix.

Oh well...

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The issue is probably between the modem and the Orbi. I would try the modem in router mode and if the modem has a DMZ, you can use it's DMZ for the Orbi and see if this helps. If it doesn't then you'll need to try the Orbi in AP mode.

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi jimbojames79, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information FURRYe38 provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 7
jimbojames79
Apprentice

So I put the virign modem back into router mode and connected one of the TiVo v6 boxes. Low and behold the On demand services work now So its definately the Orbi.

Option 1 doesn't seem possible.

Option 2 - Put Virgin modem into router mode. Assigned a fixed IP for the Orbi within the Virgin Router. Assigned that IP into the DMZ. Rebooted everything. Re associated one of my TiVos to the Orbi and now it wont even connect to the Virgin Media Service and I have really wierd connectivity on all my devices. i.e Chrome on my phone now asks for username and password for every webisite. Most apps don't work etc. I'm guessing this may be port issues?? More help needed please.

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Seems that maybe your TiVOs are tied or required to connect to the ISP modem.

Can you put the Orbi into #3 AP mode and test again? Leave the ISP Modem in router mode.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7