Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Vizio SmartCast TV Not Available

michaelj9462
Aspirant

Vizio SmartCast TV Not Available

After connecting my Vizio TV to my Orbi network, it comes back with Smartcast TV Not Available. If I then go back and connect to my Spectrum cable network, Smartcast becomes available and then if I reconnect to Orbi, Smartcast remains available. As soon as I turn my TV off and turn it back on, the TV is still connected to the Orbi network but once again, I receive the message, Smartcast TV Not Available.

Thoughts? Settings issue?

Thank you. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
michaelj9462
Aspirant

Re: Vizio SmartCast TV Not Available

I did some more research and ended up recycling my TVs (unplug/plug/start-up) and that seems to have corrected the issue. I just had not had time to update my post. All TVs are connected to Orbi and can now stream. 

Thank you so much for reviewing and responding though. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

Is the Spectrum cable modem (1) acting as a router, and (2) providing a WiFi network in addition to the Orbi WiFi network?

What device is being used to "cast" to the TV, and how is it connected?

Message 2 of 3
michaelj9462
Aspirant

I did some more research and ended up recycling my TVs (unplug/plug/start-up) and that seems to have corrected the issue. I just had not had time to update my post. All TVs are connected to Orbi and can now stream. 

Thank you so much for reviewing and responding though. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7