Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Vodafone Siro Fibre Gigbabox + Orbi RBK50 Setup?

karld96
Aspirant

Vodafone Siro Fibre Gigbabox + Orbi RBK50 Setup?

Hi Guys,

Just bought the Orbi RBK50 router for girlfriends family as I have it in my own home and works amazing with Virgin Media!
My girlfriends family has FTTH Vodafone Siro 1000mb broadband (Ireland), and the gigabox interface and set up for the orbi seems to be more annoying and difficult to set up than with virgin. I was wondering does anyone have a simple guide or set up (for a beginner here) and what/how to set the orbi up with the vodafone gigabox? With virgin it was just a case of setting the virgin router to "Modem Mode" but can't see anything similar for the gigabox. Vodafone refuse to help due to me using a 3rd party router.

Many Thanks,
Karl

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
pablohoney
Luminary

You are better off posting this in the broadband forum on boards.ie

But anyway I believe they can remove the Vodafone router altogether and plug the Orbi diectly into the socket (ONT) that the Vodafone router was plugged into it will need some configuration but you can find the answer in the broadband forum on boards.ie

Let us know how you get on.

Message 2 of 5
karld96
Aspirant

Benn trying to find a guide or similar but could not see any real helpful one and they have now closed that form so can't even ask a question on it

Message 3 of 5
pablohoney
Luminary

They have closed the "Talk to...Vodafone" forum alright but there is a general "Broadband" forum for all broadband related topics that is very active and you can post in it or in the specific "SIRO" thread that is in the Broadband forum.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would power OFF the ISP modem for 1 minute. Factory reset the Orbi router and power it off. Power ON the ISP modem and let it sync. Then power ON the Orbi router and walk thru the setup wizard again using a wired PC and a web browser.

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@karld96 wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just bought the Orbi RBK50 router for girlfriends family as I have it in my own home and works amazing with Virgin Media!
My girlfriends family has FTTH Vodafone Siro 1000mb broadband (Ireland), and the gigabox interface and set up for the orbi seems to be more annoying and difficult to set up than with virgin. I was wondering does anyone have a simple guide or set up (for a beginner here) and what/how to set the orbi up with the vodafone gigabox? With virgin it was just a case of setting the virgin router to "Modem Mode" but can't see anything similar for the gigabox. Vodafone refuse to help due to me using a 3rd party router.

Many Thanks,
Karl

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7