Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAN speed of 100mb

Kanis
Aspirant

WAN speed of 100mb

Wan100.PNG

My WAN setting is limiting me to 100mb as shown.  When I connect directly to my modem via ethernet my PC gets 200MB.  I've tried swapping out cables, resetting the Orbi and sattelite, even plugging in a laptop gives the same 100mb restriction when connecting to Orbi. I've swapped out cables from modem to orbi multiple times, using those that give 200 when connected to modem directly.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Speedtest.net is how I've been testing.

Thanks

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 3
Kanis
Aspirant

Re: WAN speed of 100mb

plugging in another router using the same cable, yields full download speed of 180mb.  So it's not my cable, or PC, it's the Orbi that's limiting speed to 100mb.

Running the latest firmware on Orbi, and having it act as router

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 3
st_shaw
Master

Re: WAN speed of 100mb

When your speed is limited to 100 Mb it is almost always a problem with the cable or a problem with the speed negotiation between the Ethernet ports involved.  If not, then it would be a bad Ethernet port.

Try plugging your PC into each of the three LAN ports on the Orbi router, and measure the speed on each one.

Also, check your Ethernet properties on the PC to ensure your PC's network interface card is connecting to Orbi at 1000 Mbps. If not, then change the network interface properties from auto-negotiate to manual 1000 Mbps on your PC.

Also, try another PC or laptop if you can.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7