Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weak Signal to Satellite Right Next to Router!

knewbee
Aspirant

Weak Signal to Satellite Right Next to Router!

I just purchased the RBK50 router and satellite kit and set it up according to instructions. I'm getting a signal ok to my laptop 10 feet away, speedtest showing 155mbps download and 11.8 upload.

So why is the satellite LED showing amber when it's right next to the router, instead of blue?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Weak Signal to Satellite Right Next to Router!

@knewbee wrote:

I just purchased the RBK50 router and satellite kit and set it up according to instructions. I'm getting a signal ok to my laptop 10 feet away, speedtest showing 155mbps download and 11.8 upload.

So why is the satellite LED showing amber when it's right next to the router, instead of blue?

How long has it been amber?  Once things settle down, ALL lights should go out.  After about 30 minutes if the lights are still on I would re-boot all.

Message 2 of 4
knewbee
Aspirant

The LED light shut off, so I moved the satellite downstairs and about 10 feet or less from where I was sitting with my laptop and it took awhile, but it's showing blue and I'm getting 188mbps on my laptop about 6 feetl away from that, so I guess it all good to go.

Thanks a lot!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many

@knewbee wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7