Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Weak WiFi Security - being warned by several app of unauthenticated certificate risk

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Weak WiFi Security - being warned by several app of unauthenticated certificate risk

I would not recommend this product due to its weak security features. While it gives strong WiFi signals but weak security has stopped me from using the product for serious business use. Take for example, when connected to Orbi, many applications prompt and warn me of the security risk of unauthenticated certificate. Its MAC address access control is disabled when you set up Orbi as Access Point. And even if you set it up as a router and enabled its MAC address control, blocked devices can still connect to Orbi which is unusual.

So, instead of burning of my money and throw away this expensive toy, I turned off its Wifi and use it as a ethernet port for connection to my TV in a WiFi restricted corner of my house. No, unless Netgear resolves this security issue, I would not recommend buying this product which is very expensive and not worth the money.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
Mikey94025
Hero

Re: Weak WiFi Security - being warned by several app of unauthenticated certificate risk

Can you post a picture and identify what applications prompt you for unauthenticated certificates?  This likely has nothing to do with the router and is something on your end.

Message 2 of 3
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Sorry but your router has nothing to do with "Anauthenticated Certificates" something else is going on here.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7