Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Web pages blocked

Lindathepianist
Aspirant

Web pages blocked

Just purchased and installed my Orbi RBK23. Some web sites and apps seem to be blocked and won’t load. I know the devices are connected because other pages load just fine. How can I make sure all apps and web sites are allowed?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Web pages blocked

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? Built in router here by chance? 
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

Is this happening on a PC and Mobile device? 

And access controls enabled on the RBR like Circle or Armor? 

Message 2 of 5
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Lindathepianist

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Lindathepianist
Aspirant

No, the problem is not solved.  

I have the Orbi RBK23.  I have Verizon Fios.  The problem is happening on my iPhone, Macbook, and iPad.  I have no idea the firmware version - I updated it when installed.  

I read that I should put it in AP mode, and turn off the wifi on my Verizon router.  However, I cannot do that because it said it will mess up my Cable viewing.  

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Turning OFF the wifi on the ISP modem shouldn't effect your TV viewing unless you have specific TV services and devices that required use of ISP provided hardware. 

I would contact your ISP and have them help you configure the ISP modem for use with the Orbi in AP mode. Ask them if the ISP modems wifi can be disabled with out effecting anything else. 

@Lindathepianist wrote:

No, the problem is not solved.  

I have the Orbi RBK23.  I have Verizon Fios.  The problem is happening on my iPhone, Macbook, and iPad.  I have no idea the firmware version - I updated it when installed.  

I read that I should put it in AP mode, and turn off the wifi on my Verizon router.  However, I cannot do that because it said it will mess up my Cable viewing.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7