Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Weird Issue: Can Connect to Orbilogin via Ethernet but not over WIFI

DrChaos
Aspirant

Weird Issue: Can Connect to Orbilogin via Ethernet but not over WIFI

I have the Orbi AC3000 Wifi system in AP mode.  I have been using it for well over a year now and it is great.  The firmware is Router Firmware Version V2.3.5.30.  I have about 20 devices connected to the system at any one time on either the primary network or the guest network, to include a couple of wireless printers.  I just built a new Windows 10 computer and can connect to the guest network just fine, and can access the internet through the guest network as well.  I have a mysterious connection problem, however.

I can login to Orbilogin.net just fine over Wifi from my old computer.  With my new Windows 10 computer, I can access Orbilogin.net when I connect to the router by ethernet cable, but not over Wifi.  The same thing happens with my Canon MF227 wifi printer: I can print to it over my Orbi wifi network just fine from my old computer, and when I connect my new computer to the Orbi router with an ethernet cable, I can print to the wireless Canon MF227 just fine as well.  However, if I disconnect the ethernet cable between my new computer and the Orbi router, my new Windows 10 computer shows the wifi printer as offline.  Not only that, if I try to leave the guest network and connect to my primary network (using the correct password, mind you), I get the error "Can't connect to this network."

Weirder yet, while I am connected to my guest network on my new PC, if I login to the Orbi router on my old PC, neither my new computer, its MAC address, or its IP address appears in the list of attached devices (I confirmed its IP address by running ipconfig in the command prompt), yet my new computer is still connected to the guest network.

This is just too weird.  I have tried everything but to no avail.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Weird Issue: Can Connect to Orbilogin via Ethernet but not over WIFI

Can you access the Orbis web page at the IP address given to it by the main host router over ethernet? 

Try a different wired PC or laptop to compare. 

Message 2 of 5
DrChaos
Aspirant

Yes I can, though I did not try that until you suggested I do so. 

I am using a modded RT-AC68U.  I opened up the user interface on it (connected by ethernet through my Orbi AP/router), got the IP address of the Orbi router from the RT-AC68U client list, and typed in the IP.  Entered the name and password, and got in to the Orbi UI.

I did so through my new PC build.  I am not sure I understand what you're asking me to do about the comparison, though.

Message 3 of 5

@DrChaos wrote:

I can login to Orbilogin.net just fine over Wifi from my old computer.  With my new Windows 10 computer, I can access Orbilogin.net when I connect to the router by ethernet cable, but not over Wifi. 

Could it be a public/private network issue in Windows?
Message 4 of 5
DrChaos
Aspirant

It very well could be a Windows Network issue.  But I can't figure it out.  I have toggled all the settings (I believe) without luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7