Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Weird slow speed issue after loss of gateway connectivity

eljarviso
Luminary

Weird slow speed issue after loss of gateway connectivity

Here’s a weird one.
I’m running the latest 2.5.1.8 firmware. Rbr50 is running in AP mode with WAN uplink going to a managed switch. Switch is connected to an Ubiquiti ER-X router. Router connects directly into fiber ONT over vlan 1000 and subscribed speed is 170Mbps down.

If the network connection between the AP and switch is lost (unplugging cable) or the gateway reboots my bandwidth over wireless drops to a hard 50Mbps. I can confirm it’s not my network because speed tests from wired devices max out at 170Mbps. If I reboot the RBR and RBS network speeds are restored.

Anyone else have this issue?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
eljarviso
Luminary

Hi Bianca,.

I've tried this with a Trendnet TPE-1620WS and a Cisco catalyst 3750G using IP Base licensing.

The problem seems to have disappeared after installing Voxel's third party firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi eljarviso, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Was this working before?

May we please know the model number of the managed switch? 

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a non managed switch? 

If you have a managed switch, be sure to disable ALL IGMP protocols on this switch. 

@eljarviso wrote:
Here’s a weird one.
I’m running the latest 2.5.1.8 firmware. Rbr50 is running in AP mode with WAN uplink going to a managed switch. Switch is connected to an Ubiquiti ER-X router. Router connects directly into fiber ONT over vlan 1000 and subscribed speed is 170Mbps down.

If the network connection between the AP and switch is lost (unplugging cable) or the gateway reboots my bandwidth over wireless drops to a hard 50Mbps. I can confirm it’s not my network because speed tests from wired devices max out at 170Mbps. If I reboot the RBR and RBS network speeds are restored.

Anyone else have this issue?

Message 3 of 6
eljarviso
Luminary

Hi Bianca,.

I've tried this with a Trendnet TPE-1620WS and a Cisco catalyst 3750G using IP Base licensing.

The problem seems to have disappeared after installing Voxel's third party firmware.

Message 4 of 6
eljarviso
Luminary

can't use an unmanaged switch as there are devices in my environment that require lacp trunks and vlans.  

I don't require IGMP snooping or anything so those features are disabled.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, If IGMP was disabled stock FW should work however sometimes see odd issues with mangaged switches...sometimes. 

Glad Voxels FW solve it. Mark your post thread as solved. 

Enjoy. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7