Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What FIRMWARE is correct for the first version of the RBR/RBS hardware

BSmithline
Aspirant

What FIRMWARE is correct for the first version of the RBR/RBS hardware

Need to know what is the current version of firmware for the first model of the RBR/RBS Orbi mesh system?

My units are running V2.5.2.4 and when I do a "check" on the Advanced / Administration / Firmeare Update webpage it shows "No new firmware version available".

When I go to the Netgear website and go to the firmware on the RBR50 linked page and download the firmware it shows version "V2.7.1.60" ( RBR50-V2.7.1.60.zip ).  Is this the corect version for the first model of the RBR50 hardware?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Anthony_I
Tutor

Re: What FIRMWARE is correct for the first version of the RBR/RBS hardware

I see that no one replied to your post of nearly a month ago, which is unfortunate.  I have the same Orbi (RBR50/RBS50), with the same issue of firmware not updating automatically from V2.5.2.4 to V2.7.1.60.  I suppose that I could update the firmware manually, but it would be nice to know from Netgear if there is a reason that the Orbi does not update automatically.

Did you ever get any assistance with this issue?  Did you try a manual update and, if so, did it work?

I find the Orbi increasingly unstable with regard to keeping its internet connection.  The connection dropped four times in October (each time about a week apart), three times in December (again about once per week), and then today (Jan. 2, just five days following the last connection drop).  I am wondering if it is a firmware problem, but then I would expect an automatic update.

Thanks and best regards.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

FYI, v2.5.2.4 seems to be the last in the v2.5 line of FWs. NG hasn't given an auto update notification path to v2.6 or v2.7 from v2.5. 

If users wish to update beyond v2.5, you'll need to manually download v2.6 FW files for 50 series Orbi and apply them manually over v2.5. RBS first then RBR lastly. v2.6 version is for USA and all other regions. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-6-1-40/m-p/1997895/highlight/tr...

For users wishing to update to v2.7 versions, you'll need to manually download v102 FW files for 50 series Orbi and apply them manually. RBS first then RBR lastly. v2.7 versions is for USA region only.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-Router-Firmware-Version-V2-7-2-102/m-p/2034115/high...

Otherwise, keep what you have loaded if your Orbi is working well for you. 

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 

.....keep what you have loaded if your Orbi is working well for you. 

The best advice for all. 

Thanks FURRYe38

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7