Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What happened to firmware 2.3?

johnny5126
Aspirant

What happened to firmware 2.3?

The other day I upgraded my RBR50, RBS50 & RBR40 to firmware 2.3.0.32.  I had to use the 2.2.1.212 update first on the RBR50 to update to 2.3 and got it from on here on a dropbox account.  Now when I look, it's gone and 2.2.1.210 is back as the latest update, and the 2.3 is gone.  Was this a bad update?

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only), RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

v32 is there:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK50.aspx#download

at the top of the support page.

"Top Support Articles

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32"

All 20 and 40 Series can be found here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-20-40-Series-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-28/td-p/1...

Message 2 of 9
johnny5126
Aspirant

Its not there for the RBR50.

Message 3 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

It's there...

@johnny5126 wrote:

Its not there for the RBR50.

Message 5 of 9
tagteam
Virtuoso

Untitled.png

Does anyone know what the deal is with this image? I type in "RBK5" and get all of the variants with each having a version with "NETGEAR Armor" and another without.

Each obviously takes you to the download page for the firmware downloads. Is there a difference?

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

NO FW difference. Just the K means Kit and each Kit has either 1 or 2 satellites in the box. 

FW is the same for the 50 series systems. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/td-p/...

@tagteam wrote:

Untitled.png

Does anyone know what the deal is with this image? I type in "RBK5" and get all of the variants with each having a version with "NETGEAR Armor" and another without.

Each obviously takes you to the download page for the firmware downloads. Is there a difference?

Message 7 of 9
tagteam
Virtuoso

Thanks, Furry. You have to admit those entries are a bit confusing, though.

If users enter "RBK53", they're going to have to choose between two entries, one for Armor and one without, and how are they going to know those two are exactly the same?

I think Netgear needs to eliminate one or the other if there is no difference between the two.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I agree, not very informative on what is the difference. I see the file size is the same for v32 between the Armour and Non Armour versions. 

@tagteam wrote:

Thanks, Furry. You have to admit those entries are a bit confusing, though.

If users enter "RBK53", they're going to have to choose between two entries, one for Armor and one without, and how are they going to know those two are exactly the same?

I think Netgear needs to eliminate one or the other if there is no difference between the two.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7