Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What have I done? :( The biggest disappointment ever called ORBI

Jaroslaw
Guide

What have I done? :( The biggest disappointment ever called ORBI

ORBI RBR50 + RBS50 - So far I consider it as my biggest mistake ever plus the waste of money spent on that toy :((. Here is why:

1. Unstable - keeps rebooting withou a single reason

2. Droping connection

3. AC3000 - it is some kind of joke! Speed reaches maybe 400 Mb/s-500 Mb/s at the max if you are lucky - LAN!

4. WAN port unable to utilise high bandwith, my example 1000 Mb/s (down)/100 Mb/s (up)

What a waste of good money! I have been with NETGEAR for over a decade, always satisfied and now I am simply speachless...

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
rastamage
Tutor

Re: What have I done? :( The biggest disappointment ever called ORBI

AGREE!  I have wasted enough hours fiddling around, downgrading firmwares, hoping new firmware works, moving my router, doing factory resets, adjusting settings......  Nothing stops the constant dropped connections!  I AM DONE!  Never buying another Netgear router product.  I've read just about every post on dropped connections and have tried various fixes, but none ever works.  

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having had 3 months stable use since March of my 2 sat/1 router AC3000 Orbi, my 90 devices have enjoyed a day and a half of perfect connections as measured by my Fingbox compared to the literally HUNDREDS of disconnects per day on my Orbi since I installed my 3 node Eerro 2nd gen Thursday night.  My orbi is on Craigslist.

Message 3 of 4
Jaroslaw
Guide

Mind you Nighthawk X6 R8000 works like a DREAM! So not every product sucks...

Never the less spent over 500EUR for the toy that only brings me headache! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7