Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What is current public firmware for RBK50?

JoeM845
Luminary

What is current public firmware for RBK50?

I am running 2.3.5.30 on my RBR50. The device's check for update says "No new firmware available". The downloads page shows 2.5.1.8 as the current firmware. I am confused.

What are the release statuses that Netgear goes throuhg? Is 2.3.5.30 stable enough for the public to do manual updates, but not stable enough to allow automatic updates?

Am I missing something else here?

Thanks,

Joe

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
JoeM845
Luminary

@JoeM845 wrote:

What are the release statuses that Netgear goes throuhg? Is 2.3.5.30 stable enough for the public to do manual updates, but not stable enough to allow automatic updates?

Typo correction. Could not find an edit option.

Snippet should be

"What are the release statuses that Netgear goes through? Is 2.5.1.8 stable enough for the public to do manual updates, but not stable enough to allow automatic updates?"

Message 2 of 3
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@JoeM845 wrote:

"What are the release statuses that Netgear goes through? Is 2.5.1.8 stable enough for the public to do manual updates, but not stable enough to allow automatic updates?"

It depends on your setup.  It's stable on my setup, but might not be on yours.  If things are currently working fine on your setup, just wait for auto update.  Otherwise, check out this thread before upgrading to v2.5.1.8 manually.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7