Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What is the Vlan tag on the guest network?

Dan_H
Apprentice

What is the Vlan tag on the guest network?

I have my Orbi in AP mode with an EdgeRouterLite doing the routing duties. I set up the guest network on the Orbi, however I would like to assign a vlan to it, but am not sure what the tag is, Any help?

The orbi gives you the option to exclude the guest network from the lan when in router mode, but the option is grayed out when in AP mode, which is why I am asking.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Dan_H

- when Orbi operates in AP mode, there is no VLAN tagging for traffic from Orbi networks (wifi main/guest and LAN) to the uplink switch
- currently in AP mode, the option "allow guest to access my local networks" is force to enable
- however, in the next firmware release, user will have the option to allow or disallow

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Dan_H

- when Orbi operates in AP mode, there is no VLAN tagging for traffic from Orbi networks (wifi main/guest and LAN) to the uplink switch
- currently in AP mode, the option "allow guest to access my local networks" is force to enable
- however, in the next firmware release, user will have the option to allow or disallow

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Dan_H
Apprentice

Thanks DarrenM. That is awesome news. I hope that works in AP modeas well. Really appreciate the response.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7