Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What is the correct latest firmware version

What is the correct latest firmware version

I just used the router autodiscover function to download and install the latest fw package (1.5.0.12) but got really concerned when I went to netgear.com to read the release notes and found that the latest version acccording to the webpage is 1.4.0.34 !!!

What is it I got on my router ? Can someone point me to the release note for 1.5.0.12 and can someone from Netgear please explain what is going on ?

(my concern is of course that I got a beta or compromised image on to my router, while I am hoping is just very bad discipline on the netgear update documentation !!!!!)

Thanks

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
Hydro130
Luminary

Netgear's firmware-info webpage for Orbi always lags a day or two or three behind when an update is made available via the router's own firmware-update check feature (auto-discover) - that's not unusual at all.  I'm not saying that makes any sense, but it is what it is - just seems to be how they roll.

When I updated mine earlier this morning, I was able to click and see the release notes, but I don't remeber those details (I'm not at home now to check again)...  I don't recall seeing anything too crazy in there, so I pulled the trigger.

My Orbi didn't self-implode, so it seemed OK to me 🙂  I'll play around with it more tonight when I get back home.

Message 2 of 8
st_shaw
Master

Current Version:V1.4.0.34
New Version:V1.5.0.12

Release Notes:
[New Features] Supports VLAN and bridging on the Orbi router.
[New Features] Supports IGMP proxy.
[New Features] Allows users to enable or disable the "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network" feature in AP mode.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes bugs and security issues.
[Enhancements] Improves the firmware update process.
Message 3 of 8

Might be normal with Netgear but still not ok !

Message 4 of 8

I was looking for real release notes, not just the headlines.....

Eg - which security issues are solved !

Release Notes:
[New Features] Supports VLAN and bridging on the Orbi router.
[New Features] Supports IGMP proxy.
[New Features] Allows users to enable or disable the "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network" feature in AP mode.
[Bug Fixed] Fixes bugs and security issues.
[Enhancements] Improves the firmware update process.

Message 5 of 8
Hirrdgoon
Apprentice

wishing wired backhaul was on this list........ Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 8
rookie8155
Guide

I just updated mine to V1.5.0.12. I am not sure about the features yet.

Message 7 of 8
jleecloak1
Apprentice

Yeah, I was hoping for the new firmware upgrade with the wired backhaul as well. If they don't add this feature I may just sell my Orbi for the new products that have the feature.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7