Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What outdoor satellite is compatible with a NETGEAR - Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band System bought 3 years a

MikeyL19
Aspirant

What outdoor satellite is compatible with a NETGEAR - Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band System bought 3 years a

I have a 3 yeard old Orbi AC 3000 Tri-Band system. Want to add a sateelite to get coverage in my backyard and want to know which satellites are compatibe and/or not compatible.

Thanks!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: What outdoor satellite is compatible with a NETGEAR - Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band System bought 3 year

@MikeyL19 wrote:

I have a 3 yeard old Orbi AC 3000 Tri-Band system. Want to add a sateelite to get coverage in my backyard and want to know which satellites are compatibe and/or not compatible.

There is only one Orbi satellite that is rated for "outdoor use": the RBS50Y.  It may be the only Access Point manufactured by Netgear that is capable of outdoor installation because it has an alternate firmware that will turn it into a "regular WiFi extender" to connect to any WiFi system.

"coverage in the backyard" does not require a unit that can be placed outdoors.  For example, an indoor unit could be placed next to a window that faced the backyard.  Like the RBS50Y, it would radiate omnidirectional coverage, so half of the signal would go "out the window."  Modern double pane glass with metallic film would impede the signal, so it would have to be "ordinary glass."

Message 2 of 3
MikeyL19
Aspirant

Re: What outdoor satellite is compatible with a NETGEAR - Orbi AC3000 Tri-Band System bought 3 year

Thank you!.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7