Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What setting for wired backhaul?

tjc2005
Aspirant

What setting for wired backhaul?

I have one satellite setup as my wired backhaul. The other 2 are wireless backhaul.

Do I turn off daisy chain or not? Sometimes the kitchen satellite is chained to the wired back room satellite, which is how I want it. But most of the time the kitchen satellite jumps on to the 2nd floor wireless satellite.

No idea why, but the router is in the loft, then below is the 2nd floor wireless sat, then below that the wired satellite which goes up to the loft in the router, and on the same level is the kitchen satellite on the wireless.

What settings should be on or off in my router setup? I see people saying turn off daisy chain for wired backhaul but I seem to have both wired and wireless backhaul, and of course I want the wireless satellites that are closes to the next wired backhaul satellite coming off of that one. Will turning daisy chain off mess that up?

Check my attached image.

Thanks.
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

When Daisy Chain is disabled, my understanding is that every satellite must connect directly to the router.

This does ot appear possible in your case.

My prediction is if you disable Daisy Chain, then all three satellites will attempt to connect directly to the router and one of them may not be able to.

Message 2 of 4
tjc2005
Aspirant

Thanks. Sounds like I've got it right then I think.
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7