Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: What you can expect with your Orbi system

Bsbrady
Initiate

I disagree with a minor issue. I work from home and cell reception is bad so I use WiFi calling on my iPhone as my primary phone. So disconnects are a major issue. I have lost phone calls and dropped from conference calls. Not good. Just got my system last week. Got it from amazon do returns are good. I’ll give it another week and the. Goodbye
Message 51 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.

@Bsbrady wrote:
I disagree with a minor issue. I work from home and cell reception is bad so I use WiFi calling on my iPhone as my primary phone. So disconnects are a major issue. I have lost phone calls and dropped from conference calls. Not good. Just got my system last week. Got it from amazon do returns are good. I’ll give it another week and the. Goodbye

Message 52 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7