Highlighted
Master

Whay to use only channel 108 for backhaul

I can see that my Orbi system is always using channel 108 for the backhaul network.

I have a neighbour who also has an Orbi system and I can see that his system also uses channel 108 for backhaul and I see that his signals are quite strong at my house (RSSI -71 and -80 dBm).

I'm sure that our networks are distrubing each other and I think this is one of the issues that makes my backhaul not stable.

It should be wise that Orbi either automatically chooses a free channel (there are many other unused channels to choose from!!!) or let us choose a channel (probably not allowed to be selectable in Europe).

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBK50 AC3000, Router Mode, Wired Backhaul / Orbi RBK852 AX6000, Router Mode, Wireless Backhaul | Switches Netgear GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Whay to use only channel 108 for backhaul

Anyone sees the same behavior? Which channel does your backhaul uses? Does it change with time and based on surrounding radio?

My Setup Internet Fiber ONT 250↓/250↑ISP Telenor | Wifi Router Orbi RBK50 AC3000, Router Mode, Wired Backhaul / Orbi RBK852 AX6000, Router Mode, Wireless Backhaul | Switches Netgear GS208Time Zone CET (Sweden)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements