Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: When will the Readyshare USB drive capability be available on Orbi RBK53 routers?

gbocchino
Tutor

When will the Readyshare USB drive capability be available on Orbi RBK53 routers?

I recently bought the RBK53 Orbi router with two remotes and installed it at home. I am very unhappy that this product doesn't support the Readyshare USB drive feature that I had on my previous router (R4500).  I would expect that newer models support the same and more features as the older ones, especially when they have the same hardware (the USB port). I used this feature for the DNLA and NAS capabilities and supports my SONOS systems for music.

Please update this router firmware to support this feature or I will be forced to return it and purchase a different router.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: When will the Readyshare USB drive capability be available on Orbi RBK53 routers?

Please post your concerns here about new features being added to Orbi:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 6
gbocchino
Tutor

I called support and they informed me they are "working on it" and should eventually be added but no date yet.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

Message 4 of 6
Aeroscout
Initiate

They have been working on it for at least the two years I've owned my Orbi.  I've stopped holding my breath that this would ever happen.  Pretty lame.

Message 5 of 6
orbilov
Apprentice

Does the printer functinality work at least?   They claim to have added support for MAC OS 10.13? Do not see Orbi even on the compatabilty list though.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7