Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Where to buy satellites for RBK50 or what satellite is compatible?

majormcrae
Initiate

Where to buy satellites for RBK50 or what satellite is compatible?

I am trying to extend my system.  Home is right around 6,000 sqft, 3 stories and need better coverage in the basement.  What satellite is compatible with the RBK50 system or where can I buy 2 satellites for my RBK50 system?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Where to buy satellites for RBK50 or what satellite is compatible?

IF actual RBS units can't be found, you can try a EX7500/7700 or 8000 extenders work with Orbi systems. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

@majormcrae wrote:

I am trying to extend my system.  Home is right around 6,000 sqft, 3 stories and need better coverage in the basement.  What satellite is compatible with the RBK50 system or where can I buy 2 satellites for my RBK50 system?

Compatible satellites include:

RBS50, RBS40, RBW30, RBS20, RBS50Y,RBS40V

(The RBS10 is not compatible. Nor are "Pro" or "AX" models.)

Yes, satellites for the 2016 Orbi are becomming more and more difficule to find.

Message 2 of 4
alokeprasad
Mentor

@CrimpOn wrote:

@majormcrae wrote:

Compatible satellites include:

RBS50, RBS40, RBW30, RBS20, RBS50Y,RBS40V

(The RBS10 is not compatible. Nor are "Pro" or "AX" models.)

Yes, satellites for the 2016 Orbi are becomming more and more difficule to find.

While RBS40, RBW30, RBS20 are compatible, the peak speeds supported by these are different as are the # of antennae and coverage areas.

I have been finding good (1 day) deals on Woot for these.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

IF actual RBS units can't be found, you can try a EX7500/7700 or 8000 extenders work with Orbi systems. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7