Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which ORBI to buy to work with LTERIVERs?

tgiv
Aspirant

Which ORBI to buy to work with LTERIVERs?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W73PQGQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

have two of these, one 1/2 way each leg of boomarang house

works with stupid weak Linksys router now BARELY

so don't think I need the 3-piece system, right?

so which minimum ORBI do I buy?

Please no guessing, I really want NO more time invested in MORE experiementation, thanks to Linksys NONsupport and idiot equipment

One story, 1800sf, sheetrock/frame walls, except one has foil faced insulation board on it

Message 1 of 4
st_shaw
Master

Don't use extenders with Orbi. That's what the Orbi satellites are for.  Plus those extenders have half the speed of the Orbi 5 GHz client radio (433 vs 866), so you'd be slowing down the Orbi.

For your house, I would probably buy the RBK50 kit.  You can add a second satellite later if you need it.  My RBK50 covers a 3,000SF three level home, and extends a few hundred feet into the yard.

Message 2 of 4
tgiv
Aspirant

Impressed with 3000sf + yard, same as my son reported

compared to my 1800sf & no yard coverage required.

That said, making sure you read

> boomerang house, router @ hub, most devices here and at extremities

> one direction goes through glass but 50'

> other direction goes through 1-ext. + 4-int. gyp.bd/wood stud walls

is why I was thinking forced into the triad package

ALSO noted

triad kits (perhaps also dual kits) have a satellite wall outlet version vs. larger table top satellites ... thinking plugins would be sufficient for this type house?

Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

@tgiv wrote:

Impressed with 3000sf + yard, same as my son reported

compared to my 1800sf & no yard coverage required.

That said, making sure you read

@> boomerang house, router @ hub, most devices here and at extremities

> one direction goes through glass but 50'

> other direction goes through 1-ext. + 4-int. gyp.bd/wood stud walls

is why I was thinking forced into the triad package

ALSO noted

triad kits (perhaps also dual kits) have a satellite wall outlet version vs. larger table top satellites ... thinking plugins would be sufficient for this type house?

I'm not familiar with the term "boomerang house" but I imagine it's long and curved or "L" shaped.

A diagram would help, but nobody can tell you for sure what system is best, because it all depends on the RF propagation through your walls, the time-varying RF interference at your location, and the placement of your Orbi router and satellite(s.)

However, if you buy the RBK50 or RBK53 kit, you can always add another satellite later if needed.  Although the price for one RBS50 satellite alone is pretty high relative to the kit price.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7