Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Which Orbi Mesh to buy and does it work with Express VPN?

TSKONLINE
Aspirant

Which Orbi Mesh to buy and does it work with Express VPN?

I am new to Netgear Orbi mesh & thinking of purchasing it.  I have 2 questions.

1. I live in an apartment with brick walls.  Size of apartment is 2,000sq ft.  The modem & router is located fixed in the living room.  I want to make sure I can get strong wifi signals in my bedroom at the other end of the apartment, & blocked from direct access to the router by walls.   Which Orbi mesh should I get?  The RBR 20 or RBR50 or AC2200 RBK23 (which comes with 2 satellites)?

2. Does the Orbi mesh work with Express VPN?  I access Netflix USA via Express VPN.  It works fine with my current Linksys router.  But I understand that mesh routers may not work with Express VPN?  Not sure if Orbi mesh works with Express VPN...or must I do a lot of different settings...but unfortunately I am not much of a technie...& prefer simple & easy setup.

Thank You for your kind help.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

The brick walls are interior walls?  Brick and masonry degrade WiFi signals much more than typical drywall.

Generally speaking, the "50" series Orbi models have stronger WiFi signals and greater pentration than the other models.

no idea about Express VPN and Netflix, sorry.

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Regarding the VPN question:

What ExpressVPN does is to hide your IP address, encrypts your network data and makes you appear with another IP address (from another country). 

I use a similar service (TunnelBear) and it works just fine with Orbi, so I see no reason why ExpressVPN won't work.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 5
TSKONLINE
Aspirant

Thank you, bro!  Much appreciate!

Message 4 of 5
TSKONLINE
Aspirant

Thanks, bro!  Much appreciate... I will go for the RBK50 then...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7