Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Orbi System Should I Buy for My House

Brenkj
Aspirant

Which Orbi System Should I Buy for My House

I'm looking into buying an Orbi system and I'm trying to figure out which one is best for my house.  The house is about 50 years old.   It consists of 2 floors of about 2,000 sf each, plus a 3rd floor that is about 1,000 sf.  We don't have a basement.   The third floor is basically for storage and for the kids to go play video games, so I'm not as concerned about having amazing WiFi up there; just adequate would be fine.

Can anyone recommend the Orbi system that would be best for my needs, while not spending a bunch of money unnecessarily?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Which Orbi System Should I Buy for My House

I presume a base router and 1 satellite will be good to start with. 

You can review what NG recommends here:

https://www.netgear.com/orbi/wifi-systems.aspx

30 feet is recommended in between base router and satellite(s) to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 2 of 5
DickDuke
Apprentice

The giant book company has the RBK23 System (router plus 2 satellites) on sale right now.

It would be ideal I think as it offers a lot of placement options.
Message 3 of 5
Brenkj
Aspirant

Thanks for the heads up. What the difference between the small satellite units that come with the RBK23, and the larger satellite unit that comes with other packages?
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

There are two LAN ports in back of the smaller RBS20s while you get 4 LAN ports in back on the RBS50s. 

@Brenkj wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. What the difference between the small satellite units that come with the RBK23, and the larger satellite unit that comes with other packages?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7