Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which Satellites can I add

yeahman
Tutor

Which Satellites can I add

Hi I have the following : AC2200 Mini Orbi Router(RBR40) with rbw30 satellite - but would like to add another satellite  - please could you advise what versions of satellites I can add to this, is there a hardware compatibility list plese. Could I purchase a better model like the rbw50 is there is such a thing and get better coverage from it perhaps?

Also it strangely seems that buying a new router and satellite is cheaper than buying just a satellite alone - can I add another router too perhaps to extend the system? I take it I can sell the router alone and keep the satellite - it's not tied into that particular satellite is it

Much thanks for any help

Cheers

Andy

Model: RBS40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Which Satellites can I add

All the satellites are compatible. But if your main router is the rbr40 you're a bit constrained by the 866mbps backhaul. the rbs50's have the faster backhaul but your primary router will limit it down. 

So again, every satellite should work with yours. If the rbs50 is cheaper, go that route. but if it isn't, you won't see  a benefit. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7