Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which is better rbs50y in enclosure or rb50

NabsG
Aspirant

Which is better rbs50y in enclosure or rb50

What thinking of extending my network outside. I note from reports rbs50y moves to 2.4 rather than 5 network after short distance. Would it be better then to house an indoor sat in an enclosure rather then the rbs50y?

Also any idea of the compatibility of the new wifi6 system with the old rb50 ac3000 systems?
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Which is better rbs50y in enclosure or rb50

@NabsG wrote:
What thinking of extending my network outside. I note from reports rbs50y moves to 2.4 rather than 5 network after short distance. Would it be better then to house an indoor sat in an enclosure rather then the rbs50y?

Also any idea of the compatibility of the new wifi6 system with the old rb50 ac3000 systems?

We use regular satellites and weatherproof boxes fo our installs.

The RBS50Y is a great product. However it does not hold up well in certain environments. 

When we install outdoor satellites, if we use a customer's RBS50Y, we place in an environment where it gets less rain, less heat or cold, etc.

Old RBS50 satellites will work with the AX router if wired. But you will need an AX model satellite to go wireless.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7