Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which model of Orbi should I purchase and can I still use my WN2500RP N600 WiFi Range Extender?

cndee
Aspirant

Which model of Orbi should I purchase and can I still use my WN2500RP N600 WiFi Range Extender?

I currently have a Verizon FIOS router and a WN2500RP N600  WiFi Range Extender.  If I purchased the RBK30, can I still use my N600 Range Extender or should I replace the N600 and get a different model of Orbi?

We live in a two-story house built in 1973.  So have problems with wi-fi on the 2nd floor.

Currently our serivce provides 100/100 mbps downstairs, but I'm only able to get 60/40 mbps upstairs with the N600 extender.  the ping upstairs is 14 ms.  We now have Frontier as our service provider.  

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Which model of Orbi should I purchase and can I still use my WN2500RP N600 WiFi Range Extender?

I have similar set up here. New addtion house with older existing house. 

I would give the AC2200 RBK40 kit a try. Mines working great for me in my home. I don't think you'll need more then one Satellite. I would test with the router alone at first then see if you need to place the Satellite if needed. 

Let us know what you decide to get. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Which model of Orbi should I purchase and can I still use my WN2500RP N600 WiFi Range Extender?

What size is the house. Sq ft. 

I use a AC2200 system in my 5000sq ft house with 1 Satellite. Great coverage, range and performance. 40ft disatanct between router and Satellite. 

I would not use the older extender. Use the Satellite instead. 

Message 2 of 4
cndee
Aspirant

Thank you.

The house is 2500 sq. feet.  The router is in an extension to the house so has to go through a former exterior wall to get to the rest of the house.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I have similar set up here. New addtion house with older existing house. 

I would give the AC2200 RBK40 kit a try. Mines working great for me in my home. I don't think you'll need more then one Satellite. I would test with the router alone at first then see if you need to place the Satellite if needed. 

Let us know what you decide to get. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7