Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which product would I get w an ethernet port to connect to a console that can pair with my Orbi?

MarkM13
Tutor

Which product would I get w an ethernet port to connect to a console that can pair with my Orbi?

I have an RBR40 — Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router with a satellite that plugs directly into the outlet, but it does not have an ethernet conection capability.

Do I have to spend several hundred again to just get a satellite w that ability?

Thank you!

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Which product would I get w an ethernet port to connect to a console that can pair with my Orbi?

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Which product would I get w an ethernet port to connect to a console that can pair with my Orbi?

the satellites with ethernet ports are: 

RBS20

RBS40

RBS40V

RBS50

Message 2 of 6
MarkM13
Tutor

Thank you! Is it easy to pair my current Orbi w one of those satellites?
Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Message 4 of 6
MarkM13
Tutor

Thank you, much appreciated!

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

@MarkM13 wrote:

There is another solution, a Netgear EX3700 WiFi Extender ($25US on Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender-EX3700/dp/B00R92CL5E/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keyword... 

This does not enlarge the Orbi WiFi coverage area.  It merely connects to the Orbi WiFi (actually any router's WiFi) at either 2.4G, 5G, or both and has one ethernet jack that can be used to support one device (or a switch).

Actually, any brand of WiFi extender with an ethernet jack will do the same thing.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7