Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Whitelist Website

HappyGal2017
Aspirant

Whitelist Website

I am getting blocked from https://www.collegeboard.org.  I have tried multiple ways to get this whitelisted.  Speaking with Netgear customer service did not solve the issue (they just wanted me to renew Armor subscription, which I'm not going to do until I can solve this whitelist issue).  After about a month of trying (at least 10 times) to get my Orbi app to connect to my Orbi router and follow the directions to go to security, then threats blocked.  Nothing shows up in that part of the app as having been blocked, even though the website was blocked multiple times within the last hour.  Help, please!

Message 1 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Whitelist Website

Can you post a screen shot of the message saying the site has been blocked?

Have you tried clearing the browser cache?

Message 2 of 9
HappyGal2017
Aspirant

Thanks.  I've cleared the browser 10-15 times, reset the Orbi5-6 times.  The last time I did the reset I finally could get the Orbi app to recognize my Orbi (win), but now NO TECHNOLOGY will connect to collegeboard.org, even iPhones, school laptops, PCs, etc.  The only thing left is to whitelist the site, but I can't get that to work.

Message 3 of 9
HappyGal2017
Aspirant

Screenshot (133).png

Message 4 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

I did not activate Armor or Parental Controls, so I am not familiar with the error messages that they produce.

This message appears to be from Collegeboard itself.

Does this message pop up immediately when browsing to www.collegeboard.com, or does it come up when you attempt to login?

Message 5 of 9
HappyGal2017
Aspirant

It comes up when I try to login.

Message 6 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

If the web site page comes up, but trying to login gives an error, that would seem to indicate that there is nothing blocking access to the web site, but that the web site is rejecting the login attempt.

I would want to confirm that the login information is correct by accessing the web site through a different connection, such as at a friend's house, a coffee shop, or connecting a laptop to a Hot Spot on a phone.

Message 7 of 9
HappyGal2017
Aspirant

The login information is correct. It used to work on all devices until a few months ago, then it stopped working for all logins, from all devices except for one cell phone.  Once I was able to get the Orbi app to recognize my router again, I could no longer login on the cell phone when I am on wifi. The cell phone can login when I'm on the cell network (not on wifi) 

Message 8 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Internet search for this problem turns up lots of suggestions, for example:

https://softwarekeep.com/help-center/fix-access-denied-you-dont-have-permission-to-access-on-this-se... 

VPNs and proxy settings are on the client machine, not the Orbi.

I can guarantee that there is no mechanism in the Orbi system to whitelist a web site.  If Armor were blocking access, the error message would mention that.  This message is from collegeboard.org.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7