Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Whole set up keeps rebooting every hour or so

Legendary
Star

Whole set up keeps rebooting every hour or so

God, I am really sick and tired of this piece of junk.

Firmware 2.1.1.12 on bother Router & Satellite

Every hour or so, the router just drops connection. I take a look at it & the Satellite is pulsing purple, and the router is just restarting.

Is there a fix to this?

Also, I’m having a problem with consistency.

My ping will be something like this...

30ms
30ms
30ms
500ms
30ms
Repeat

Why? What’s the deal with this? I thought this new firmware would fix things, but clearly not.

If anyone knows how to fix this garbage, I would be greatful. I’m really fed up with this thing. A $400 paperweight.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Re: Whole set up keeps rebooting every hour or so

First, I'd suggest update to firmware 2.1.1.16, it doesn't specifically address issues that you are having but I don't think it's any worse and .12 was. I have been running it for a week without issue other than the display issues.

Also the upgrade process itself may fix some of the issues - I've found that just re-applying the same firmware over top of the existing sometimes fixes stability. They are not pushing it so you have to download then update - first the satellites - one by one and then when those are up then update the router.

What are you pinging that is 30ms? When I ping google.com I get pretty consistent 16-17ms.

Message 2 of 6
Legendary
Star

Yeah, so I upgraded to x.16 this morning and the thing is running even worse.

I’m really just done with this thing. I don’t think I’ll ever buy anything from Netgear ever again.

And I am Pinging Google as well. Here’s my results;
Message 3 of 6
Legendary
Star

I so did a Speedtest for fun.

I pay for 250 download & 15 upload.

LOL I hate this Router. So much.
Message 4 of 6
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have 25% packet loss on your network - that is beyond horrible when it should be 0%. You need to get someone to figure out what is causing that on your network.  Either cross interference with some other network, something on your network going berzerk, or just bad hardware - but you need someone with some tech troubleshooting skills there. It's difficult to fix this kind of thing over email.

Message 5 of 6
Legendary
Star

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ no idea what to do

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements