Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why RBR50 gives a different DHCP IP?

sh2sg
Apprentice

Why RBR50 gives a different DHCP IP?

Orbi router acts as AP mode.

The Orbi admin connection status page says DHCP server IP 192.168.0.1 (which is out of local IP range).

Xnip2018-11-26_23-49-10.jpg

On the Mac "ipconfig getpacket en0" says DHCP IP 192.168.1.1 (which is same as ISP modem/router).

Xnip2018-11-26_23-52-34.jpg

Is this normal? 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Why RBR50 gives a different DHCP IP?

Whats the Mfr and model# of the main host router the Orbi is connected too? What is IP address pool string? .1.1? 

You sure the Orbi router IS in AP mode? When in AP mode, it should be disabling it's own IP address pool server and passing along what is coming from the main host router, i.e. .1.1

Is odd that is showing this .0.1 from a DCHP server. 

Message 2 of 4
sh2sg
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Whats the Mfr and model# of the main host router the Orbi is connected too? What is IP address pool string? .1.1? 

You sure the Orbi router IS in AP mode? When in AP mode, it should be disabling it's own IP address pool server and passing along what is coming from the main host router, i.e. .1.1

Is odd that is showing this .0.1 from a DCHP server. 

Router is Zhone, it is a Fibre Modem + Router 2-in-1 device.

Orbi is in AP mode since always. Zhone Router IP range from .1.1, Zhone Router IP 192.168.1.1, all connected devices IPs are from 192.168.1.11.

I login to Zhone Router's config page, DHCP IP is 192.168.1.1 as expected, dunno why Orbi shows a wrong DHCP IP, but I don't see any problem assigning IP to new connected devices. To me it looks like Orbi display issue...

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible. If everything is working, I wouldn't worry about it too much. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7