Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why are we being sent email to install 2 month old RBR50 Firmware Version 2.3.5.30

Wire1852
Apprentice

Why are we being sent email to install 2 month old RBR50 Firmware Version 2.3.5.30

Why are we getting email today to install a firmware 2.3.5.30 that was released on July 15, 2019 and has been out for over a month? We're still waiting for Netgear to update the Orbi security certificate that expired in early August.

And now we see that the satellite needs to be updated before the router or you may encounter issues. On the web version you have an update all button for the firmware. 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Why are we being sent email to install 2 month old RBR50 Firmware Version 2.3.5.30

At least you get an email.  I have never received an email from Netgear. 

Maybe it's because they are about to release new firmware and are trying to prod people to get current before they do the release?

My guess is this is a mass mailing that should go in the "bit bucket."

Message 2 of 3

Re: Why are we being sent email to install 2 month old RBR50 Firmware Version 2.3.5.30

@Wire1852 wrote:

Why are we getting email today to install a firmware 2.3.5.30 that was released on July 15, 2019 and has been out for over a month?

For some odd reason, Netgear does not send out emails when it updates the firmware for a particular model. It stores them up and then blasts everyone.

Those irregular email campaigns usually get a lot of "Is this genuine?" messages here.

I just got an email about updates for four or five different devices. All of them were updated months ago.

I guess they do it for people who rarely bother to check these things.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7