Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why does the firmware status say, "update failed" for my RBS50?

Mike734
Star

Why does the firmware status say, "update failed" for my RBS50?

When checking the firmware version of my router, two satilite system the router says it has 1.12.0.18 nstalled but the satilites say update failed. Both seem to be working but with less range than before. When I check to do a manual update, it says that the latest update is already installed. 

Message 1 of 7

access the actual ip address for the sat's and open it and see what fw it says is installed on the sat's them selves

Message 2 of 7
Mike734
Star

I KNOW what version is installed. I want to know why it says, Update Failed.
Message 3 of 7

@Mike734 wrote:

then if you KNOW what the fw version is reporting on the sat's themselves and not just what is reported in the router gui then dont worry about it , its obviously just a reporting error

Message 4 of 7
Landerx
Apprentice

@Mike734 wrote:

I have the same issue. You are not alone.  Ever since the V 1.12.0.18 firmware update this has come up for almost everyone.  Hopefully with the next firmware update they will address this...for now just know that thankfully this does not affect the functionality of the satellite in any way.

Message 5 of 7
Mike734
Star

Why? Two reasons. One is to report yet another bug in the latest firmware. Also, I believe this kind of problem can indicate other, less obvious problems.

I believe this latest firmware is pathetic and diminishes the value of this expensive purchase.
Message 6 of 7
Hydro130
Luminary

@Landerx wrote:

@Mike734 wrote:

I have the same issue. You are not alone.  Ever since the V 1.12.0.18 firmware update this has come up for almost everyone.  Hopefully with the next firmware update they will address this...for now just know that thankfully this does not affect the functionality of the satellite in any way.

Yep, same here too.  On the plus side, everything else has been working really really well for me with this latest f/w, so I'm grateful for that!  I can live with that particular "update failed" UI glitch, since my satellite page reports the correct firmware installed, and it's been working like a champ (knock on wood!)

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7